Details from Cherie and Luke's Port Waikato wedding

Relaxed, beach wedding goodness from Cherie and Luke's wedding.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what Cherie and Luke had done to the Dining Hall at Port Waikato School Camp...it was totally transformed with draping, lanterns and cleverly used marquee 'additions'.  In my mind it was like  'Stars in their Eyes' for buildings..."By day it's a school camp dining hall but tonight, hosting Cherie and Luke's wedding it's an elegant wedding venuuuuuuueee"  (or is that just sleep deprivation talking? don't answer that! )

Anyway check out this beach themed loveliness:

The surfboard was the seating plan :-)

The cake was made by Bridesmaid Lucy and it was insanely delicious!

Love, love, love the shell garland draped along the length of the top table...and the tables were all named after favouite surf beaches.

Beautiful details (and yes, I'm still thinking about that cake!)

Comments

Jody macdonald
6:55pm 25th June 2014

Hi,
I'm looking at this venue for my wedding , do you know where this couple hired all the stuff for the dining room and the marques??
Thanks

Jody macdonald
6:57pm 25th June 2014

Hi,
Thanks

Nicola Inglis
7:05pm 25th June 2014

I know they made a lot of stuff themselves but sorry I'm not sure where they hired the rest from.

Philip Muir
1:33pm 12th August 2014

Hi, I am the caretaker there. You can hire some tables, chairs and covers from the local community hall. Details at
www.portwaikatoschoolcamp.co.nz

Nicola, I have a link to this page on our new site, are you okay with that?

Vivienne
12:45pm 5th May 2015

Hi there. Why the difference in cost between weekend hire and wedding? What is included for the difference in price?

Vivienne
12:47pm 5th May 2015

Nicola Inglis
1:44pm 5th May 2015

Hi Vivienne, You'll need to contact Philip Muir the caretaker directly through their website, he won't see your question here sorry. Cheers, Nicola

Naomi Ngaau
6:45am 10th June 2016

Hey im really interested in this place, do you know how much people can fit in the hall? For dinner?